Celebrate Woodstock 2020
This salute to the 1969 Wodstock Festival is a cinematic, technicolor explosion of music and memories. We do not attempt to accurately portray the event or the generation that bears its name. This is just how we choose to remember it.
"Celebrate Woodstock" by Runaway Express is a fictional, idealistic account of a singular event that took place in the Catskill Mountains just after man's first walk on the moon.
We couldn't resist filling our movie with historical fabrications, naive generalizations, and a taste of profound universal truth. It's a romantic fantasy, and a return to false hope.
1. QUINCY -ratts
2. COME ON -ratts
3. YESTERDAYS CHILDREN COLLAGE -(goin' up the country, archer and valerie on the radio, chest fever, circle game, suzie q, and america)
4. WOODSTOCK -mitchell
5. LET FREEDOM RING -ratts
6. SUMMER OF '69 -ratts
BACK TO THE GARDEN
7. FRIDAY EVENING COLLAGE -(the 'how is it out there' raga, my generation, mr. tambourine man, summer in the city, america, get together)
8. MOTHERLAND -ratts
9. SATURDAY MORNING COLLAGE -(all through the night, i had a dream, sleepers awake, at the hop, book of love)
10. STREETS OF HEAVEN -ratts
11. RAINSTORM PRELUDE COLLAGE -(circle game, i wish i could have been there, rainfall piano)
12. RAINFALL -ratts
13. SATURDAY NIGHT COLLAGE -(new york times, little help from my friends, ripple, uncle john's band, st. stephen, martha, the other one, dance to the music, woodstock, mr. soul, somebody to love, wanna take you higher, soul sacrifice, woodstock, volunteers, give peace a chance, let the sunshine in, all you need is love
14. CELEBRATION -ratts
THE FINALE AND THE AFTERMATH
15. THE SUNDAY COLLAGE -(piece of my heart, white rabbit, we're not gonna take it)
16. THE RIDE -ratts
17. QUINCY'S EPILOGUE =ratts
18. MONDAY MORNING COLLAGE -(whiter shade of pale, sunshine of your love, america, star spangled banner, and america again, with Woodstock poem by charles john quarto)
Produced, engineered and mastered
by Jim Ratts for RAVEN RECORDS
Also mastered by David Glasser at Air Show
Photography by Bill Patterson
Watercolor by William Matthews
Design by Greg. Carr(gcarr.net), Salli Severing Ratts, & jratts
All of Jim's songs are James Lloyd Publishing, BMI
All cover songs are licensed through Harry Fox or Easy Song Licensing
To purchase ANY OF THESE CDs by mail
Send check or money order payable to:
P.O. Box 2333
Englewood, Colorado 80150 USA
Our CDs are $15 USD each and we pay the postage.
For international orders, a minimum of 2 discs is required for free shipping.
send email phone Jim at 303-720-5789
Now available on CD, recently re-mastered Runaway projects from the 80s; including Cadillac Dreams, Headed West, Kansas Skies, and 0. Each of these lengthy albums (from 64 to 96 minutes) is available for $15. Only by mail.